A quick note... on if I belong here....
It seams that some of my students are "not getting it." The basic ideas I'm showing them just are not calculating. Is it my teaching style? Is it my lack of discipline in the classroom during the first two weeks of school? Is it the long leash I give my students so that they can learn responsibilty?
Low scores to start the year make me wonder if I'm too hard or expect too much. Or is it that teachers before me have expected too little and I'm finally the first to push them harder than than they have been pushed before.
Ownership in ones own education is a necessity. I teach in such a way that demands my students to take ownership in their learning; right now their lack of success reflects their lack of ownership. I too take ownership for my education as an educator and must continue to modify how I allow my students to take ownership of their learning. Until we find a way to work it out between us, me with higher expectations and them, with understanding an education comes from within, we will continue treading water until we figure something out.
Treading water right now...
As a teacher you have a pivotal role in shaping the minds of your students. You may doubt your methods but never doubt your purpose. Realize, that with the exception of perhaps your parents, no one impacts a person more than you. Thank you for your efforts GPL
ReplyDelete